Get a Quick Quote
Apex Car Rentals Costa Rica FAQ
We accept debit cards deposits, only if the customer accept to take the SLI, LDW and PAE coverage’s without exception.
No!!! Operate the vehicle through rivers, beaches, estuaries, or the sea, nor will operate it against traffic laws or by-laws, not in streets, grounds or roads where the car can be damaged, since in all cases above, the lessee will have to cover all the charges for damages causes to the vehicle even when the special DRO or LDW coverage was accepted, because in the circumstances described such coverage has no effect. use the car in these conditions allows Centriz to terminate this clause, without affecting the charging of the resulting damages through the appropriate procedures.
No. No one other than the person named on the credit card may use that credit card for the deposit. The owner of the credit card must be present at the time of rental.
No car can be taken outside the Costa Rica borders.
No we do not accept deposit in cash or traveler checks.
We accept debit cards deposits only if the customer accept to take the SLI and LDW coverage's without exception.
The airport fee is charge only in the Airport location in SJO. There is a tax of 13% and of the total amount of the rent and in the location in Liberia is free, that is require to use a car in the country.
Rent rates are based on a minimum of 24 consecutive hours. If you return the vehicle prior to meeting the 24 hour requirement, you would be charged for the full day regardless of whether you return the vehicle early.
No, you will be responsible for the 100% of the car rental, if you want you can pay an extra for the DRO or the LDW.
Yes, You can and will receive a 10% discount in the time and miles rate this discount won´t apply to Coverages, GPS taxes or other additional products.
However, this method does not accept for refunds.
This is the cover for collision and theft. It is optional. If this coverage is accepted, it protects in case of damages, accident or theft to the rented vehicle. The client will be responsible to pay for the deductible amounts stated in the rental agreement indicated above. This coverage will take effect only if the client present all proper documents which include, but are not limited to: police traffic ticket, insurance form, and personal statement to proper transit court. If this coverage is declined, the renter will be responsible to pay for all damages to the rented vehicle up to the full value of the car. This protection does not include towing services, expenses or vandalism.
The deductibles are the maximum amounts which renters must pay in case of accident if LDW is acquired, as long as they fulfill the requirements that this coverage has.
The deductible for damage is $1000 and for theft or loss is $5000 for cards of Costa Rica.
Category - Damage - Theft or Total
MCMR/ECMR/ECAR - $1,000 - $2,000
SFMR/SFAR - $1,300 - $2,000
FFMR/FFAR/PFAR - $1,500 - $2,000
According to the Costa Rica new traffic law. In case of any traffic infraction during the rental period, you need to cancel the fine at any state bank (Banco Nacional, Banco Costa Rica, Banco Popular) otherwise you may not board your flight, since the Immigration Department strictly check your status for leaving the country.
We are open from Sunday to Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Liberia and from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. in Alajuela.
If you are going to arrive before or after that time you have to get to the Budget Car Rental Office and they will take care of your reservation.
The Supplemental Liability is an option to basic liability. This only covers if the driver is declared guilty by a court or if the drivers accepts fault.
This coverage covers property and persons. Covers up to a maximum amount of $1.000.000.00 per person or up to $500.000.00 per event for medical expenses or death of persons involved either inside or outside the vehicle, non – relatives of the driver (until third degree of blood relation or affinity).
This cover can be declined, and the renter will be responsible for the total value of the damages caused to the rented car and and law cast as well other properties, vehicles or persons.
Apex will keep the car wating for you for 24 hrs in low season and 2 hours in High Season.
No coverage: $5000
With basic coverage: $1000
With maximun coverges (for more than 3 days): $400
Apply for all categories
The minimum age of the renter or one of the additional drivers must be 21.
Drivers over the age of 25 may rent.
The cost of additional driver is $5.00/day.
The overdue fee is $100.
This fee aplies if the customers does not call to extend the rent 24 hours in advance.
Start, December 15.
- Is very important to take good care of your passport. Always carry a copy of your passport and keep the original in the safety deposit box of your hotel, along with money, jewelry and valuable objects.
- When doing bank transactions, you must present your original passport. Use only banks or authorized agencies for exchanging your money.
- Use automatic teller machines located in public and well illuminated places. Be careful of any offer of strangers when using the machines, withdraw the cash and count it before going outside.
- Keep all your goods in sight and reach. If you use public transportation, always keep an eye on them.
- When using taxi services, verify that they comply with the legal established requirements, such as the yellow triangles printed on the doors and a meter. Always ask the staff at your hotel to call a taxi from a reliable company.
- If you are lost and in need of checking your map, look for public and safe place to do it, or recur to the police authorities for help.
- While driving or parking car, lock the doors and keep the windows closed. Do not leave your personal belongings inside the vehicle.
- If you get a flat tire, if you are suspiciously warned of a damage, if you are suspiciously hit from behind or if you are being followed while driving, do not stop and immediately look for the closer gas station or police or dial 911 when possible.
- Avoid stopping when a stranger asks you for a ride.
Apex Car Rental will pick you up at the exit of the main terminal of Juan Santamaría / SJO Airport. You will find our representative out side wating to help you with your luggage and escort you out of the airport to our shuttle van. The shuttle van will take you to our off airport pick up/return office located less than 1KM away.
Alajuela: 300 mts West of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. Cacique, Alajuela, Costa Rica.
Liberia: 2km este del aeropuerto internacional Daniel Oduber.A
If a customer shows you smoke inside any of our vehicles will be charged an amount of USD$ 250.